Associate Director: Project Management
Role: Associate Director: Project Management REF: PM01_1117
Salary: Excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience
Experience: 15+ years
EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience successfully helping our clients achieve their development and regeneration objectives. As a result of our success we have grown to have a permanent team of over 50 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
As an environmental consultancy, EnviroCentre undertakes the environmental assessments and permitting for small to major projects with some design of infrastructure. Our team of expert consultants work across a range of disciplines including: Environmental Assessment, Water Management & Engineering, Contaminated Land & Sediment Assessment, and Ecological Surveying & Enhancement.
EnviroCentre is dedicated to the quality of our services and products to ensure they fully meet the requirements of our customers in order that our products and services are consistent with our ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001:2007 Health & Safety Management System.
Our Head Office is in Glasgow with offices in Edinburgh, Banchory and Inverness. EnviroCentre’s current client portfolio includes private sector companies operating in house building, energy, quarrying, road and utilities infrastructure, commercial development, ports and harbours, nuclear and domestic waste repositories, offshore and onshore decommissioning works, public sector, and third sector organisations including fishery trusts.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
EnviroCentre has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager, preferably from a civil engineering or quantity surveying background to join our team. The successful candidate will join a busy and dynamic team, and will be based in Glasgow.
The Associate Director role will be responsible for project management through the company, and to develop a team approach.
The Associate Director for project management will lead successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the team are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
The role will involve:
- Responsibility for leading project management across a range of projects from engagement through to completion;
- Responsibility for ensuring that all activity across the company is planned and executed to the highest standard and to the agreed time, cost, quality requirements and compliance objectives;
- Working closely with the team to build capacity in project management function and to monitor progress;
- Undertaking and overseeing risk management for all projects;
- Preparing progress reports on project management for the Management team;
- Using up to date project methodology and process to implement and improve current project management procedures across the company.
You will have the qualifications, experience and qualities listed below and will be provided with an excellent remuneration package, training and career progression opportunities.
- A team player with a positive attitude;
- Preferably fifteen or more years’ proven projects management experience, preferably from an engineering background;
- A degree or masters in Civil Engineering or a related subject;
- Chartered status;
- Have a proven project management track record in delivering complex projects on time and to budget (PRINCE2 practitioner or similar qualifications preferred);
- Be able to lead, motivate and manage cross functional, multi-disciplined teams;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001;
- Excellent problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with clients, contractors and regulators;
- Financial/budget awareness;
- Experience of project management software such as Microsoft projects or similar;
- Mentoring of junior members of the team; and
- UK driving licence.
To apply, please complete an application form, which can be downloaded from the careers section of our website and return this along with your CV, a copy of a recent report and your covering letter to Gema Martinez (email@example.com).