Role: EIA Consultant REF: EIA02-1017
Salary: Competitive Salary with Benefits
EnviroCentre Ltd is an Environmental Consultancy. Established as a private limited company in 1995, EnviroCentre has grown to have a permanent team of over 50 with a range of specialist staff located at our Head Office in Glasgow and in other locations across Scotland. We are a commercial consultancy delivering innovation through experience and commercial and academic excellence.
EnviroCentre are now looking to recruit a motivated, commercially aware EIA Consultant to join our friendly team and to build on our existing and growing EIA portfolio. EnviroCentre provides consultancy to a broad spectrum of private organisations, in areas such as housing, ports & harbours, energy transmission, renewables, and industrial. We also provide advice to public sector clients covering healthcare, education and research.
Full time permanent position (with 6 month probation), based at our main office in Glasgow. The post will involve:
- Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Statements / EIA Reports across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Statement / EIA Report;
- Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors;
- Co-ordination of and interaction with a busy multi-disciplinary team across Scotland; and
- Acting as a regular client interface.
You will have:
- At least 3 or more years’ proven UK EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statements. Scottish experience is an advantage;
- An ability to think commercially and work cross-company;
- A relevant undergraduate degree (with additional MSc preferable) and Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA);
- Proven skills and experience in project management, and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard. Examples may be requested;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
- A good understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system;
- Proven experience with clients, internal multi-disciplinary teams, sub-consultants and regulators, with associated strong and confident communication skills.
It would also be an advantage, but not essential to have the following skills:
- Direct experience of the Scottish planning system – for example submission of planning applications, discharge of conditions, writing of Planning Statements etc.;
- Some experience in assisting another technical discipline (e.g. ecological survey, noise, air quality); and/or
- GIS experience in ArcGIS.
In return, we offer a diverse range of interesting project work, competitive salary package and support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development. To apply, please complete our Job Application Form and send to Gema Martinez Lara - email@example.com.