Environmental / Ecological Clerk of Works
Role: ECoW REF: EC02-1017
Location: Inverness/ Aberdeen (posts based at other offices may be considered)
Salary: Competitive Salary with Benefits
EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with 21 years’ experience of successfully helping clients to achieve their goals. We are a trusted advisor to clients across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, large scale infrastructure, minerals, residential and commercial development.
As a result of our success, we continue to grow the business and now are looking to recruit an experienced Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) based from our Aberdeen or Inverness offices but including extensive work in the field, primarily in Scotland.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering onsite environmental and ecological auditing and an advisory role mainly on renewable energy and road infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements:
- Field work logistics and review of baseline data;
- Compilation of draft Environmental Management Plans for specific tasks;
- Delivery of toolbox talks and onsite guidance to contractors;
- Work in conjunction with project stakeholders to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection;
- The use of Microsoft Word and Excel, digital photography and infield technology (tablet/pda) to produce electronic outputs;
- Operate in a variety of environments such as remote areas or operational construction sites;
- The delivery of the ECoW role for long and short term projects which may require working away between Monday-Friday;
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
- Confident in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water vole etc.);
- A good understanding of standard pollution prevention guidelines;
- Experience in the role of Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Works;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team or on your own;
- Good time management; and
- A full UK driver’s licence.
At EnviroCentre we offer a range of interesting project work, competitive salary package and support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development. To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, available to download from our website, and send to Gema Martinez (email@example.com).