Environmental/Ecological Clerk of Works
Role: ECoW REF: EC01-0218
Salary: Competitive Salary with Benefits
EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience successfully helping our clients achieve their development ambitions. As a result of our success, we have grown to have a permanent team of over 50 staff with a diverse range of technical skills.
Our Head Office is in Glasgow and we also have offices in Banchory, Edinburgh and Inverness. EnviroCentre’s current client portfolio includes companies operating in renewable energy, ports and harbours, infrastructure, and commercial/residential development. Much of our work is within the UK, but we also undertake projects in Europe and further overseas.
As a result of our success, we continue to grow the business and now are looking to recruit an experienced Environmental/Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) which will include extensive work in the field, primarily across Scotland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering onsite environmental and ecological auditing and an advisory role mainly on renewable energy and road infrastructure projects within a 12 month contract summarised in the following points:
- Field work logistics and review of baseline data;
- Compilation of regular site reports, draft Habitats Regulations Appraisals, Environmental Management Plans and Species Protection Plans for specific tasks;
- Delivery of toolbox talks and onsite guidance to contractors;
- Attendance and ability to present information at meetings;
- Work in conjunction with project stakeholders to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection;
- The use of Microsoft Word and Excel, digital photography and infield technology (tablet/pda) to produce electronic outputs;
- Operate in a variety of environments such as remote areas or operational construction sites;
- The delivery of the ECoW role for long and short term projects which may require working long hours, away from home between Monday-Friday; and
- Supporting office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Under/postgraduate degree in Ecology, Environmental Management or a related discipline;
- Experience of working under Scottish (or UK) legislation;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and/or of the Association of Environmental and Ecological Clerks of Works (AEECoW);
- Confident in Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveying (incl. bats, badger, otter, water vole etc.);
- A good understanding of standard guidance for pollution prevention;
- Experience in the role of Ecological or Environmental Clerk of Works;
- An understanding of current environmental legislation, policy trends and ecological guidance;
- A current CSCS card or equivalent;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to work well under pressure and undertake several tasks simultaneously;
- Being confident and comfortable working as part of a team or on your own in the outdoor environment;
- Having to work away from home and outside office hours as necessary;
- Good time management and record keeping; and
- A full UK driver’s licence.
Advantageous, but non-essential, experience and skills include:
- At least one protected species licence; and
- The ability to operate a 4x4 vehicle safely.
At EnviroCentre we offer a range of interesting project work, a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development. To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, available to download from our website, and send to Gema Martinez (email@example.com).