Graduate Consultant (Arboriculture)
Role: Arboricultural Consultant REF: EC03-0318
Salary: Dependant on experience
EnviroCentre is a leading Environmental Consultancy with over 20 years’ experience of successfully helping clients to achieve their goals. We are trusted advisors across a broad range of sectors, including renewables, energy networks, ports and harbours, minerals, residential and commercial.
As a result of our success, we continue to grow the business and now are looking to recruit a graduate level Arboricultural Consultant to work within an existing experienced team operating across Scotland.
We offer a flexible work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits package, in-house training programmes, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development and the opportunity to work with and learn from other technical experts and professionals.
The arboricultural consultant will join a long established ecology team whom currently undertake BS5837 surveys; deliver tree works specifications and Visual Tree Assessments (VTA) predominantly for the housing sector, arbor-ecology support and woodland management planning. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements:
- Drafting fee proposals;
- Delivering onsite survey and auditing work;
- Collaboration with the EnviroCentre CAD/GIS team to produce digital plans;
- Drafting technical reporting including Tree Survey reports, Arboricultural Impact Assessment and Method Statements;
- Onsite client support, auditing and supervision of works in relation to trees during construction;
- Supporting longer term tree management projects;
- Contributing to ecology and multi-disciplinary environmental projects where trees and woodlands are a consideration;
- The ability to deliver fieldwork in other regions of Scotland (and perhaps the UK) if required;
- Support office management and administrative tasks.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A degree in forestry, arboriculture or a related discipline OR a Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 3 in Arboriculture with industry experience;
- Graduate Membership of one or more relevant industry bodies (e.g, ICF, Consulting Arborist Society, Arboricultural Association, ISA);
- Confident tree identification and survey skills and a sound understanding of tree biology;
- An understanding of BS5837:2012, Tree Preservation Orders, Conservation Areas, practical forestry/arboricultural operations and tree management;
- An understanding of the opportunities for biodiversity, green infrastructure and the protection and enhancement of ecosystems associated with trees and woodlands in relation to climate change challenges;
- Experience of using GIS/ CAD or tree management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Confidence in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Being comfortable working as part of a team as well as independently;
- Good time management; and
- A full UK driver’s licence.
At EnviroCentre we offer a range of interesting project work, competitive salary package and support to extend your skills and experience through appropriate training and development. To apply, please complete the Job Application Form, available to download from our website, and send to Gema Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org).